Singapore has emerged out to be a preferred destination for higher studies and a huge number of international students flock to the garden city every year in pursuit of graduate, post-graduate and other degrees.
This educational hub provides one of a kind experience which is a mix of western and eastern ethos. Singapore also has a social and cultural environment that is highly conducive to studies and allows one to experience a diverse community. It also offers a high quality of life along with premium education that makes one equipped to take on numerous job opportunities and tackle challenges efficiently.
Given that Singapore is a leader in technology and innovation, one can expect the most progressive and state of the art facilities used for imbibing learning to students. If you like many others are keen to make this cosmopolitan city your study destination for a post-graduate degree then you must understand the educational requirements for the same.
The requirement for post-graduation varies between programmes and levels. If you are applying from a non-native country then you have to give proof of English proficiency as well. The student should also be 21 years of age or above. Some essentials for the P.G. program are:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised and reputed institute.
- Copies of high school mark sheet (10th and 12th standard for Indian students)
- Two academic reference letters from your professor at university in which you are currently studying in.
- Test that showcases your quantitative abilities such as GMAT or GRE. You have to submit one of the two with the following score requirement:
GMAT – A minimum of 70% in the quantitative section
GRE – A minimum of 70% in the quantitative section 60% in the verbal reasoning section and 4.0 or more in the analytical writing section.
- CFA Level 1 exam with a passing grade
- Though if the candidate has studied at any top-ranking university or business school and has excelled academically in quantitative subjects, then this test can get waived off.
English language requirement:
- A minimum score of 6.5 in IELTS which is a proficiency of English test organised by the University of Cambridge.
- TOEF –IBT 94 with 22 points minimum in each of the band or TOEF with CBT of 240 points or Paper version 587.
- At least 63 points score in Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- Proficiency and the Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) A, B, C
- Those who have English as their first language or those who have undertaken the first-degree program in English are not required to take any tests.
- Also, applicants who have 2-year work experience or more in an English-speaking country are not obligated to take a further English proficiency test.
You can easily apply online in Singapore for a degree by visiting the college website, taking a look at their requirements, arranging the documents and then submitting the application. You will also be required to submit application fees and the details will be provided by the college itself.
Fee amount, procedure and requirements differ according to each college and admission process often starts 6 months before the admission deadline. If you plan to study master’s degree in Singapore then you should start making your preparation at the earliest by selecting a university of your choice.