IPMAT Coaching, IPMAT Exam
The Integrated Programme in Management Aptitude Test is conducted by IIM Indore every year to integrate a five-year integrated course. This year the IPMAT exam got postponed twice due to the ongoing pandemic. Finally, the exam was conducted on 7th September 2020. Here we will have a look at the IPMAT examination 2020 and its analysis.
IPMAT 2020 Exam pattern
- There were several changes made in the Examination pattern of the IPMAT. The exam had two sections for Quantitative ability:- Quantitative SA and Quantitative multiple-choice based section. The third section was the Verbal Ability.
- This year’s exam was in the afternoon shift, unlike in the morning shift in the previous year.
- The total no of questions was reduced from 100 to 60.
- The overall time for the examination was 90 minutes, 30 minutes less than earlier years. This also let reduction in sectional time.
- The total number of marks were reduced to 240 from 400 marks.
- This year the final selection procedure would be conducted through Video Conferencing instead of Personal Interview.
IPMAT 2020 Exam Analysis
Here we would discuss an overall and section-wise analysis of this exam.
- The Exam was multiple-choice based with the Quant section having Short answers based questions as well.
- The correct answer carried four marks while there was -1for every incorrect answer. There was no negative marking for the Quant Short answer section.
- The candidates can go to the next section only after finishing the sectional time limit of each section. The section sequence was decided earlier.
- The overall difficulty level of the IPMAT 2020 was moderate to difficult.
Section 1- Quantitative Ability (SA)
The short answer Quant section had questions ranging from 7 chapters. The total number of questions was 10 having max questions (3) from Arithmetic. All the questions were doable if you had IPMAT coaching tricks and tips applied to it., and a score of 24+/- would be considered a good score.
Section 2- Quantitative Ability (MCQ based)
This section was also doable but had more difficulty level than the Short answers section. The questions predominantly were more from Algebra, Pure Maths, and a set of Data Interpretation. The total number of questions was 20. A score of 45+/- can be considered as good for this section.
Section 3- Verbal Ability
This year the question pattern was strikingly similar to that of the previous year paper. So students who have solved last year’s papers would have been benefited. The difficulty level was easy to moderate, and all the 30 questions would have been easily attempted in 30 minutes of the sectional time limit. There was a wide distribution of questions ranging from Reading Comprehension Blanks, Para Jumbles, sentence correction, and more. A score of 80+/- would be considered a good score.
Overall Analysis and cut off.
As the overall difficulty of the IPMAT exam was high, the cut off was expected to be around 150+/-. After the results are declared, shortlisted candidates based upon the cut-off will have to go through a video assessment round, and then the final admission process will occur.