Kadhai Paneer is a popular Indian dish known for its rich flavors and aromatic spices. This vegetarian delight features paneer (Indian cottage cheese) cooked in a traditional Indian wok called a kadhai, along with a blend of vegetables and spices. Whether you’re an experienced cook or a novice in the kitchen, this article will provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to prepare a mouthwatering Kadai Panir that will impress your family and friends.
Also Read: Fun Weekend Activities
Ingredients: To make a delicious Kadhai Paneer, you will need the following ingredients:
- 250 grams paneer (Indian cottage cheese), cubed
- 2 medium-sized onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium-sized bell peppers (capsicum), cut into strips
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped (adjust according to spice preference)
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust according to spice preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Heat oil in a kadhai or a deep-bottomed pan over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add finely chopped onions and sauté until translucent and slightly golden.
- Stir in ginger-garlic paste and green chilies. Sauté for a minute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and cook until soft and mushy. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a couple of minutes to blend the flavors.
- Add bell peppers (capsicum) and cook until slightly tender while retaining their crunch.
- Gently add cubed paneer to the kadhai and toss carefully to coat evenly with spices and vegetables.
- Crush kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) between your palms and sprinkle over the paneer for added flavor.
- Cover the kadhai with a lid and simmer for 5-7 minutes on low heat to allow paneer to absorb flavors.
- Sprinkle garam masala over the Kadai Paneer and give it a final stir.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot Kadhai Paneer with naan, roti, or steamed rice for a wholesome meal.
Tips and Variations:
- Enhance the dish’s nutritional value and taste by adding vegetables like mushrooms, peas, or carrots.
- For a creamier texture, add a tablespoon of fresh cream or yogurt towards the end.
- Adjust spice levels according to preference. Reduce green chilies and red chili powder for a milder version.
- Add a dash of lemon juice just before serving for a tangy twist.
Enjoy the flavorsome experience of Kadhai Paneer, a delightful Indian dish featuring paneer, vegetables, and aromatic spices. This easy recipe will guide you through the process of creating a delicious Kadhai Paneer that will leave your taste buds satisfied. Prepare this classic Indian recipe using our step-by-step instructions and impress your loved ones with a flavorful meal that they will crave for time and again.